Friday, November 20, 2009

Power

So Zoran's been telling me about this book he's currently reading about "48 Laws of Power." It's a list of 48 rules that if one abides by, they will be able to control and influence those around them. This seems like a very powerful tool. To be able to have to pretty much manipulate those around you without them even knowing it? I'm not so sure. He did tell me one of the laws and how it's actually working for him. He said that if you ignore someone, it will subconsciously create inside them a desire to want to talk to you. Acting like you don't want to talk to them will make them want to communicate more often? Could this even work? If so, then would it mean my situation will Sonia will have the same results? I am ignoring her at the moment at work so according to this law, she should want to talk to me.

I think I'm going to buy this book and learn about this "power." It seems a little risky though. Do I really want to control those around me? At what cost does this power have both short and long term? Manipulating others...isn't that the "power" of darkness? He also said that "nice guys finish last" and that it's all about having the "power" of control. But, what happens when you have too much power?

No comments:

Post a Comment